2015 Annual Silent Women's Hermit Retreat
May 8 - 17, 2015
A unique opportunity for silence and reflection
The Dervish Center
In the Finger lakes region of upstate New York
Led by Khadija Radin
It will again include a daily schedule of Yoga, two turn classes, sauna with the invigorating cold plunge in our crystal clear ponds and morning and evening meditation with a talk.
We are adding (by popular demand) some of the Cognitive Kinesiology floor and standing work and a class on the Tarot!
Friday, May 8
2 to 4pm Arrival (Sauna will be available during that time)
5:30 Dinner (after which silence begins)
7:00 Meditative Turn
Saturday through Saturday
10:45 Cognitive Kinesiology floor & standing exercises
11:15 Meditative Turn
4:15 Inspirational Turn
7:30 Meditation & talk
7:15 Meditation & Closing
8:45 Chores (Cleaning your room)
10:00 Cognitive Kinesiology & Meditative Turn
11:00 Ayin I Gem Inspirational Turn Ceremony
Full time May 8-17
Total cost $900 - private room with a bathroom
Total cost $700 - shared room or a private room without a bathroom
Full time participants will have the option of reserving a select available room (with or without a private bathroom) for an additional $80.
May 8-12 8:00pm or May 13-17 (second half participants may arrive after dinner on May 12)
Total cost $485 - private room with a bathroom
Total cost $385 - shared room or a private room without a bathroom
We will offer a limited number of private unheated bungalows near the heated campground bath house for those who want to brave the cold night air with a hot water bottle! The total cost is $625 ($325 half time)
- To hold a space a $50 deposit is required, all of which is non-refundable. Balances are due upon arrival.
- Changing from a full time to half time reservation will be possible as space permits. However, a person wanting a full time retreat on the waiting list would have priority for the room. The above refund policy would apply if there was not an available half time space.
- People arriving by plane from the West Coast or abroad may arrive after 7pm the night before,. Including meals, the fee is an additional $70.
- Ithaca (ITH) Airport or bus pickups will be between 7am and 10pm. If you need transportation before or after these times, please call ASAP Cab Company 607-532-2727. As of today, the fee is $27 from the airport or $17 from the downtown bus station.
- Facials, colonics, massage and Thai massage sessions will also be offered for $75.
Please make a check or money order out to the Dervish Center and mail it to: Dervish Center 56 Lieb Road Spencer, NY 14883.
You may also transfer the money from a bank or with a credit card via PayPal to Marcia Radin at this email address. If it is not a bank transfer, Paypal will charge an additional 3.75% fee for a credit card. Note that you are "transferring" and not "paying" the funds.
For more information:
Email Khadija at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 272-0694.